Impressions on DFly and other questions

Saverio Iacovelli iacovelli_mail at yahoo.it
Fri Jun 2 11:35:29 PDT 2006

I'm using DragonFly 1.4.4, my impressions are very
positives.
I'm using also Slackware Linux, and I find DragonFly
better Slackware 10.2 (with kernel 2.6.16.x in
testing) for usb pendrive's usability.
Now Slackware doesn't use udev for default. I don't
see a superiority in the remaining subjects.

I have the following questions:
1) I didn't found the openssl and openssh packages in
pkgsrc, in the second moment I observed l'existence of
the /etc/ssh and /etc/ssl directories. Are openssl and
openssh packages in the base system for default? What
is the reason of this choice.
2) Why not to create openssl and sendmail packages for
to separe this functions and base system. OpenSSL or
sendmail, they aren't functionalities always required.
3) What is the reason for the presence both ipfw and
pf in the base system, it is a unnecessary redundancy.

Thanks,
Saverio