Argh, Stray interrupts 2006

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Fri Jun 2 01:21:30 PDT 2006

On 2006-06-02 00:24, Danial Thom wrote:
--- Simon 'corecode' Schubert
<corecode at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01.06.2006, at 20:42, Danial Thom wrote:
> OK, it seems that enabling the printer got
rid of
> the messages. We usually disable the printer
port
> and remove the printer device and it seems
that
> DFLY doesn't like that too much.
Now that you're talking about it:  I also
experienced some of those
strange problems, and on my box i still get
stray ints (11 I think)
when switching virtual consoles or pressing any
*lock key (!?).

It basically means:  something fishy is
happening, DragonFly/FreeBSD
did notice that, continued working, but told
you.  Maybe we can add a
sysctl which rate-limits those messages to a
reasonable amount?

cheers
   simon
FreeBSD (4.9+ at least) quashes them after the
first dozen or so. But I still don't get why ints
are getting generated when no device on that irq
has been enabled.
Matt explained it all in an earlier post:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2006-06/msg00011.html
Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure