Any serious production servers yet?

Peter Avalos pavalos at theshell.com
Thu Jun 1 21:38:30 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 09:46:41AM -0700, Danial Thom wrote:

> I don't see that its me "vs" anything. I have to
> chose an MP OS for a big project and I just asked
> if the project is production-ready yet, and
> instead of getting an answer, I get a lot of
> pointers to personal web pages and routers that
> aren't even pushing a T1. A simple answer like
> "No, DFLY isn't ready for prime time yet, and we
> don't expect it will be until Sept '07". would
> have avoided wasting your time.
>
> DT

I really hope I'm not troll-feeding here.  Anyway, I sometimes saturate my
gigabit link with no problems.  About 15 months ago I had some stability
issues related to MP, but those were fixed fairly quickly.  No problems
since.

Hopefully that provides a datapoint for you, but if you're seriously
deciding whether to use DragonFly in a production environment, why not do
some testing of your own to see how it works for you?

--Peter
pgp00004.pgp