Argh, Stray interrupts 2006

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Thu Jun 1 07:09:14 PDT 2006

On 2006-06-01 15:49, Danial Thom wrote:
My tech tried firing up 1.4 on an opteron MB with
an HT1000 chipset and, although it seems to work,
the console is literally flooding with "stray irq
7" messages. Freebsd at least suppressed these
after a few, but when is someone actually going
to FIX this in BSD? Someone told me years ago
that this was an Intel chipset bug and there was
nothing that could be done, but clearly that
isn't the case here.
whats the workaround solution as the console is
unusable in its current state?
Tried booting with ACPI disabled?

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure