Any serious production servers yet?

Danial Thom danial_thom at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 09:52:38 PDT 2006

--- Sascha Wildner <saw at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Danial Thom wrote:
> > Surely it makes sense to begin developing O/S
> > applications (which is what I need to do),
> > however I need an OS that is production
> ready,
> > even if its not as good as its going to be,
> > because I can't reasonably test the
> performance
> > of an application on an OS that can't handle
> > production loads.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Is this going to be another of those
> half-yearly "Danial vs. the rest"
> threads?
>
> How about this: You restrain yourself from
> stealing people's time with
> your annoying discussion for discussion's sake
> and I promise to get back
> to you in personal email as soon as I think
> that DragonFly has reached
> the point where it could be interesting to you?
>
> Sascha

I don't see that its me "vs" anything. I have to
chose an MP OS for a big project and I just asked
if the project is production-ready yet, and
instead of getting an answer, I get a lot of
pointers to personal web pages and routers that
aren't even pushing a T1. A simple answer like
"No, DFLY isn't ready for prime time yet, and we
don't expect it will be until Sept '07". would
have avoided wasting your time.

DT