NVIDIA FreeBSD Kernel Feature Requests, interesting info for dfly?

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sun Jul 16 15:37:16 PDT 2006

James Mansion wrote:
   Fine.  Go and do it, instead of complaining about it.
I'm sure you'll check the IP and find that actually I'm not
Danial/Dmitri/whatever, but please, take a step back before
writing this sort of thing.
James,

no, we normally don't check IP addresses. Before em1897/Danial/Dimitri
(please don't confuse him with Dmitri Nikulin who is a respected
community member) hit the stage, I actually wouldn't have thought that
this would ever be necessary.

If you browse the mail archive a bit, you'll find that his questions
were initially responded to with long, friendly and very interesting
explanations by Matt (some of which even made it to Justin's DragonFly
Digest).

It was only after it became clear that his intent was insulting people
and their work that more drastic measures were invented. First, threads
were simply terminated by making it impossible to continue them, then
his email address was banned, now, ultimately, it's his IP address.

Please do not base your judgement on this one mail. It has a long and
annoying history.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx