Another annoying dvd playback bug

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Mon Jul 31 08:30:38 PDT 2006

I used to run Gentoo on this thing, and I guess you can imagine how many
intensive tasks (compiling namely) it had to do but I never had a segfault.

Petr

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 08:33:11PM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:

Hi Erik and the devs,
I also notice that sometimes(bout once a week) the compiler segfaults
while compiling from pkgsrc, but its totally unpredictable because next
time i run bmake it works normal.

unpredictable segfaults are certainly a hint for either temperature or
memory faults. A few seg11 from ld and some other programs are normal,
but those are reproducable.
Joerg