Another annoying dvd playback bug

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Mon Jul 31 11:48:24 PDT 2006

Petr Janda wrote:
> I used to run Gentoo on this thing, and I guess you can imagine how many
> intensive tasks (compiling namely) it had to do but I never had a segfault.

One thing I need to do at least every few months is to blow the dust
off of the motherboard, especially the CPU heatsink, the video and
memory chips, and the inside of the power supply, i.e. the hotspots.

I always know when the dust builds up because a normally stable box
starts getting flakey with crashes and segfaults.  A few blasts of
compressed air works for me every time.  Might be worth a try.