DF_CoreGraphics

Nigel Weeks nweeks at examiner.com.au
Sun Jul 16 19:18:12 PDT 2006

I've been wandering through ATI's drivers with Boomerang decompiler
(boomerang.sourceforge.net), specifically atioglxx.dll and referencing their
SDK sources at
http://www.ati.com/developer/sdk/RadeonSDK/Html/Info/Extensions/glATI.h

and an awful lot of the hexcodes passed to the card line up, and almost make
sense.
If one were to tinker in the kernel source, and perhaps produce a small
accelerated graphics layer, would one extend SysCons to accept incoming
graphic mode requests, or modify SysCons to request a window of it's own.

Would the layer accept simple message passing from other hosts, ready for
clustered displays?

(It's winter here, dark and cold, and I need something to do in the
evenings...)

Nigel Weeks
Tech Support & Systems Developer
nweeks at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx