Announcing bug tracker

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Jul 9 13:04:36 PDT 2006

Hey,

I have been running a bug tracker since over half a year now, hidden from the big public (so that I could test it), but coupled to both bugs@ and submit at .  So what happens is basically each mail to those lists gets inserted into the bug tracker by either appending it to the audit trail or creating a new issue.  Each person posting to these lists automatically gets an account on the bug tracker set up automatically.

The only manual thing to do at the moment is the classification of a bug and changing the status to "resolved".

What the system *could* do is automatically adding people to a so-called "nosy" list, which defines who gets carbon copies of submissions or state changes.

I would like to make this the official bug tracking system (maybe put on leaf), because it works very well and is really easy to use (and administer).

If this system is used as the official system, it should be coupled in some way to the mailing list(s), so that additions to the audit trail through the web interface appear on the mailing lists as well.

You can find it at

	<http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/issues>.

To activate your account on the web site, go to "Lost your login?" and enter your mail address to get your password reset and sent to you via mail.

Comments?

cheers
 simon
signature.asc