NVIDIA FreeBSD Kernel Feature Requests, interesting info for dfly?

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 17:41:47 PDT 2006

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>    There are only a handful of OSS applications
>    that are comparable with regards to user friendliness and easy-to-use
>    features, and plenty of really *BAD* examples of UI software gone
>    wrong (gimp's horrendously bad UI comes to mind).

GIMP's UI is not that bad IMHO, at least compared to PhotoShop. I do not
share your view in this, I think there are many OSS apps that have a
better gui than their proprietary alternatives.

>    The UI is certainly not DragonFly's focus, and it will never be.  We
>    have to rely on the rest of the Open Source community to provide that
>    piece of the puzzle.

Sure thing, but in my opinion a serious problem with open source
desktops is the poor integration with the base system.