contributing to DFly project with shell scripting

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Jul 7 08:37:00 PDT 2006

On Fri, July 7, 2006 7:17 am, Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
> I want to contribute (or to help) to DragonFly
> project.
> I translated the italian FAQ, and I'm going to check a
> next time the page FAQ, but I also know the shell
> scripting and I also would to contribute with shell
> scripting.
> How can I use the shell scripting to contribute the
> DragonFly project?

Find something you'd like to fix, and then figure out a way to handle it
with shell scripting.  The end goal will be what keeps you interested.

Here's some concrete tasks I can think of offhand:

- Create an 'eject' shell script that ejects the CD.  Create the
corresponding man page, too.

See: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2006-06/msg00256.html

- Test this:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2006-04/msg00242.html