more trouble building JDK

Chuck Tuffli ctuffli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:41:20 PST 2006

On 1/17/06, joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
. ..
> Please check that Linux emulation is *already* configured before trying
> to install sun-jdk14 / sun-jre14. Run bmake clean afterwards before
> retrying.

Is there an up to date doc describing what needs to get done in our
environment? The current doc seems to be geared towards the FBSD
method (references to linux_compat(8) etc) and not the SUSE stuff in
pkgsrc. Here's what I've done:

pkg_add suse_base
pkg_add suse_compat
pkg_add suse_locale
pkg_add suse_x11
kldload linux

At this point, I tried running a print-hello-world binary I built on a
Linux box but got the error

ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found

Doing a mkdir /compat/linux and then manually linking
/usr/pkg/emul/linux/lib to /compat/linux/lib fixed that problem. My
suspicion is that the missing /compat/linux hierarchy is the root of
the problems I'm seeing. How does this get setup? Tnx!

---chuck