Wireless network cards

Joseph Garcia bsd_usr at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 19:09:40 PST 2006

Bryan Berch wrote:
I want to get a wireless network set-up in my house using my gateway
box.  Can any one give me a good choice in a wireless network card for
my desktop box or is there a better way to do it?

If the network card route is fine, can there be an antenna located in a
central location in the house using a cable from the network card and to
the antenna?
I'm new to wireless and any suggestions appreciated.

Bryan

Check the HARDWARE document on the wiki. I'm not sure if it's been
updated but it might have the answer you're looking for. I have yet to
try wireless on DragonFlyBSD (or any other BSD for that matter -- I'm
still in the wired world).

Joey