Would DF welcome a phpbb forum?

Tomaž Borštnar tomaz.borstnar at over.net
Tue Jan 17 03:02:45 PST 2006

Raphael Marmier pravi:
if, like me, you don't like mailing lists flooding your mailbox, you'll
be glad to learn that those same mailing list are bridged to a nntp
server: nntp.dragonflybsd.org
yeah, postgresql and dfly both offer mailing lists and news server which is great since you do not need to download
messages when you do not want to.

Web forums have its place too, but better ones offer e-mail notification and similar features so we are soon back to
what we have now :)

Tomaž

p.s.
Not to mention that phpbb is poor choice for big systems  as far as performance and security go.