pkg_chk replacement?

Csaba Henk csaba.henk at creo.hu
Tue Jan 24 10:34:35 PST 2006

On 2006-01-24, Marcin Jessa <lists at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any better solution for automatic package upgrade than
> pkg_chk ?
> The main problem with it is it deinstalles all upgrade candidates
> before upgrading them.

pkmanager:

http://www.scode.org/pkgmanager/

Quote from homepage:

  There is currently only one method (to my knowledge) of updating
  packages in in pkgsrc - using make update (which is what pkg_chk -u does
  aswell). Unfortunately, it will begin by removing all packages that
  require the package being updated.
  [...]
  pkgmanager attempts to alleviate these problems by upgrading all
  packages "in place" without needing to remove all packages that require
  the package being upgraded.

(I know of it from
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2005-10/msg00069.html)

HTH.