sendmail problem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jan 17 14:37:58 PST 2006

:Ok Matt. Sendmail crashes at home but not on leaf. The command output is
:below. I'll try and build a debug sendmail tomorrow. It seems to be a
:problem with TLS.
:
:        -Richard
:
:@home:
:
:[gorg//sendmail]$ sendmail -O QueueDirectory=/home/rnyberg/sendmail -q -v

    Looks probable.  After you build the debug version tomorrow you can
    run the same command.

    You should be able to avoid installing the debug sendmail.  Instead of
    installing it you can use the path to the binary in the object tree
    when you run gdb.  Here is the sequence of events to build the debug
    version.

	cd /usr/src/lib/libsmutil
	make clean; make obj
	make DEBUG_FLAGS=-g

	cd /usr/src/lib/libsm
	make clean; make obj
	make DEBUG_FLAGS=-g

	cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
	make clean; make obj
	make DEBUG_FLAGS=-g

    Assuming /usr/src and /usr/obj aren't symlinked, the binary will be
    "/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/sendmail".

    And here is the gdb sequence:

	gdb /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/sendmail
	gdb> run -O QueueDirectory=/home/rnyberg/sendmail -q -v

    I'm hoping that will be sufficient.  It should then break into gdb
    when it gets the seg fault.  Remember to run sendmail as a user and
    not root, otherwise it may try to setuid itself and detach from gdb.