Would DF welcome a phpbb forum?

elekktretterr at exemail.com.au elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Tue Jan 17 08:53:00 PST 2006

Well, yes, you are correct, Justin. In my opnion it would be great to have
it like that. A BB would function in multiple ways, relay information from
the mailing lists (bugs, comitts, kernel, documentation etc), plus allow
current and coming users to have a userfriendly interface to ask questions
on software or talk about high they got yesterday and how their boss acts
like a monster. Thats how I imagine a community at least. it shouldnt be
just all strictly about the operating system, but also about being people.
Like me and another person mentioned the gentoo forums, i think it has
something like 100000 members, averaging 1500 posts per day, out of them
about a half is probably not even gentoo linux related. I think most young
people get turned off by mailing lists.