copying pkgsrc tree around jails on beefy machine - fast on 2nd iteration, a bit slower than first on 3rd iteration

Tomaž Borštnar tomaz.borstnar at over.net
Mon Jan 2 12:26:22 PST 2006

joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx pravi:

I also suspect that some parts of the kernel tune badly for very much
memory. I have seen a bunch of problems with my machine and 3 GB of
memory, which would make a lot more sense when the kernel is hitting
such limits.
Is this like old FreeBSD thing where you had to specify amount of kernel memory in order not to crash? I was doing this
on FreeBSD 5.2.1 in order to have less crashes on 4GB machine. With 5.4 and higher things look better on the machine.

Tomaž