bootloader problems

Eugene communique at vk.kharkov.ua
Tue Feb 14 02:51:50 PST 2006

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Eugene wrote:

I've noticed some problems wit bootloader: when it comes to a boot
menu and the countdown is started, on some machines a counter does not
count from 10 to 0, but cycles in 9-8-9-8 and so on, and after 10
seconds prints some garbage on screen and hangs.

do you have serial equipment connected to those machines?  modem, mouse,
etc.

dragonfly by default spawns a serial bootloader console, so this could
be the cause.

cheers
  simon
Thank You!

That's may be right. All those machines have an old-style serial mices.
BTW, a machine with the ISA non-PNP modem, (USR Sportster 14400, it has
his own serial port controller, as I can understand) boots with no problem.