pkg_chk replacement?

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sun Feb 12 06:55:09 PST 2006

> First, the author specifically states that pkgmanager does *not*
> take responsibility for any package which fails to build.  This
> is my primary complaint about pkg_chk -u, and the one thing about
> portupgrade that I really miss.  You should know that pkgmanager
> does *not* re-install the old version of a package which fails to
> install!

In practice it has the same guarantee as pkg_tarup - but as joerg mentioned in
another post, pkg_tarup is not guaranteed to work in the first place
(pkgmanager uses 'make replace', which uses pkg_tarup).

When I was first considering implementing explicit package backups, I realized
pkg_tarup already did it. So for now I have not done anything more about it.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at xxxxxxxxx
E-Mail: peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://www.scode.org