OpenSSH 4.3

Csaba Henk csaba.henk at creo.hu
Wed Feb 8 02:19:14 PST 2006

On 2006-02-08, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08.02.2006, at 06:14, Christian 'reezer' Sturm wrote:
>> Just for your information..
>> OpenSSH 4.3 was released:
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dopenbsd-announce&m=3D113893053104991
>
> wanna port it?  if nobody beats me to it, i might do it on the weekend.

Hm, I'm reading in the announcement:

 * Add support for tunneling arbitrary network packets over a
   connection between an OpenSSH client and server via tun(4) virtual
   network interfaces. This allows the use of OpenSSH (4.3+) to create
   a true VPN between the client and server providing real network
   connectivity at layer 2 or 3. This feature is experimental and is
   currently supported on OpenBSD, Linux, NetBSD (IPv4 only) and
   FreeBSD. Other operating systems with tun/tap interface capability
   may be added in future portable OpenSSH releases. Please refer to
   the README.tun file in the source distribution for further details
   and usage examples.

Getting this work on Dfly would be neat...

Csaba