(u)ral driver

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Feb 26 09:36:37 PST 2006

:On 2/23/06, Chris Rawnsley <rawprawns at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:...
:> #patch -p0 /tmp/ral.diff
:>
:> The patch seemed to apply successfully (although I cannot scroll up
:> enough to see fully. I know I can press scroll lock then use Page
:> Up/Down but it doesn't go far enough for me to see. Is there some way
:> I can increase this?).
:
:you could try the tee command. something like
:
:# patch -p0 < /tmp/ral.diff |& tee patch.out
:
:this will print the output from patch to the console as well as copy
:the output to a file called patch.out. then you can vi or less the
:patch.out to see what happend.
:
:---chuck

    Heh.  That's kinda overkill.  I usually just pipe the output to
    less:

    patch -p0 blahblahblah |& less

    Then I hit 'G' to make less scan the input to EOF (so the whole patch
    program runs), then I review the output, then I quit out of less.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>