make buildworld fails

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Fri Feb 24 02:28:41 PST 2006

Op vrijdag 24 februari 2006 01:23, schreef elekktretterr at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> Ok, so I attempted to recompile userland + kernel with custom CFLAGS
> (-march=athlon-xp -ftracer -pipe) since on Linux systems these give me
> pretty good results.

Don't use those (especially not -march). Stick with the defaults, they work
fine. Compiler optimization is overrated anyways. You only get speed
increases in some edge cases that almost never happen.

Resist the urge. We are not Gentoo ;)

> Im running DF 1.4.1. I got the latest 1.4.1 source
> tarball from chlamydia, cd /usr/src and started "make buildworld", but it
> always fails with error
>
> unwind.h: no such file or directory
>
> What am i forgetting to do?

Did you read /usr/src/UPDATING?

Cheers,
Emiel
--
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.  The world owes you
nothing.  It was here first.