(u)ral driver

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Wed Feb 15 14:25:17 PST 2006

On 2006-02-15 21:44, Chris Rawnsley wrote:
Hello,
I am fairly new to DragonFlyBSD and Unix's (or is it better to say
"*nix's"? :O Trademark issues!!) in general. I have fiddled around
with Gentoo, Ubuntu, FreeBSD and now DragonFly BSD. Now I know that I
am probably perhaps sticking myself in the deep end, but so far I am
impressed with the BSDs more than GNU/Linux as everything seems more
solid. More impressed with DragonFly over FreeBSD as it seems to be
moving forward rather than clinging to the past.
Anyway, babbling over!

I have a D-Link DWL-G122 with a Ralink rt2500 chipset. Under FreeBSD,
I got this working using the ral(4) driver. I have looked for
information on how I might get this working in DragonFly and I found
this: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2005-10/msg00063.html
Unfortuantly, with my lack of experience, I wasn't quite sure what a
diff file does. I tried to find out a bit and I understand that you
use the "patch" command to apply it to sources. Next problem; what
sources? I've looked inside the diff file and seen a few references
but I am not sure exactly what I want.