(u)ral driver

Chuck Tuffli ctuffli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:56:29 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, Chris Rawnsley <rawprawns at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
. .
> I have a D-Link DWL-G122 with a Ralink rt2500 chipset. Under FreeBSD,
> I got this working using the ral(4) driver. I have looked for
> information on how I might get this working in DragonFly and I found
> this: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2005-10/msg00063.html
> Unfortuantly, with my lack of experience, I wasn't quite sure what a
> diff file does. I tried to find out a bit and I understand that you

You might find the online man pages (
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man )  useful to find out what
commands like diff and patch do. In the end, there is nothing like
experience. So load 1.4 on a box and start experimenting :)

> use the "patch" command to apply it to sources. Next problem; what
> sources? I've looked inside the diff file and seen a few references
> but I am not sure exactly what I want.

Take a look at the "Building Patches" article on the wiki (
http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.php/Building_Patches ). This goes
through the process of getting source code and how to create patches.
Once you have the source, take a look at the README file to learn how
to kick off a build.

---chuck