Wireless network cards

Danial Thom danial_thom at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 07:37:10 PST 2006

--- Bryan Berch <dfbsd at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to get a wireless network set-up in my
> house using my gateway
> box.  Can any one give me a good choice in a
> wireless network card for
> my desktop box or is there a better way to do
> it?
>
> If the network card route is fine, can there be
> an antenna located in a
> central location in the house using a cable
> from the network card and to
> the antenna?
>
> I'm new to wireless and any suggestions
> appreciated.
>
> Bryan

Get a linksys or d-link wireless router for $49.
and enjoy whatever hair you have remaining. Just
plug your DFLY box into a port and your wireless
stuff will work out of the box.

Note if they have a mail-in rebate offer don't
expect to get anything back without a lot of
complaining. How would one go about proposing a
world-wide boycott of products with mail-in
rebates?

DT