Xorg 6.9.0 breakage

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Dec 14 10:47:36 PST 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

> On Thu, December 14, 2006 2:06 am, tannj wrote:
>
> > Who should I report this problem to?  I can provide my logs and xorg.conf
> > files.
>
> This sounds like something that should go to x.org, as it's their code
> changes between 6.8.2 and 6.9.
>
> It may be worth checking to see if 7.x has been changed again to deal with
> this problem.

Posting the details to the xorg AT lists.freedesktop.org list may get some
feedback. But they may be discouraged about troubleshooting something from
an old version of Xorg. They will probably say to try newer version
first. Or maybe someone there will recognize it and quickly reply.

Or look at the latest xserver code and/or xf86-video-intel code and change
logs to see about this. Intel officially codes their Xorg driver and a lot
has changed since back then.

(I am having deja vu ...)