Idle question about multi-core processors

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Fri Dec 1 15:27:50 PST 2006

On 2006-12-01 20:38, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:> In any case, it looks to me like the mass-market may be supporting SMP
:> mobo's much sooner than I suspected.  And, I suspect that DragonFly may
:> provide much better performance on SMP hardware than many other OS's.
:
:I thought dual-core was SMP, was that wrong of me?
:
:--
:Erik Wikström

    It is SMP, definitely.  If one were to ask the question... how many
    cpu's is enough?  The answer is probably around four for any general
    purpose computer.
"640k should be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

--
Erik Wikström