Request for swapcontext and getcontext to be ported to our libc

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Sun Dec 31 08:58:10 PST 2006

Ok Matt,

hope you can make it into the release.

petr

Matt Emmerton wrote:
Petr,

Given that I'm doing a fair amount of learning-as-I-go with this particular
task, it would be unfair to charge my usual hourly rate.
I am aware of your budget and I am willing to work within it, regardless of
how long this task ultimately takes me.
Regards,
--
Matt Emmerton

Hey Matt,
Sweet as. How much do you charge per hour?
Petr

Matt Emmerton wrote:

Noone? Im willing to pay up to $150 AUD ($110 USD, approx 80-90 euro)
for those couple of functions + ensuring that PowerDNS-Recursor works
after that. Please consider an estimate of how long its going to take
and let me know(i suppose it might take only like 30 mins for some of
you). Let me know your hourly charge. However keep in mind that i will
always double check with other devs that im not being ripped off(not
that im cheap, but i know you understand i dont do C thus i cant say

how

long its going to take...parents taught me to always be careful with
money and all)

I've started working on this, using the FreeBSD implementation as a

first

cut for DFly.

It was asked earlier on in the thread why FreeBSD used syscalls for

this --

it's best to look at the commit comments for rev 1.9 of ucontext.h for

their

reasons --
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/include/ucontext.h

I'll be following the FreeBSD lead for the first cut; I'll see what we

can

do to improve on this in our world as a follow-on.

Regards,
--
Matt Emmerton