updating packages

Huub v.niekerk at hccnet.nl
Thu Dec 28 23:44:05 PST 2006

Beware though that it can leave some of your packages non-working. If
I'm not confusing this with something else what bmake upgrade does is to
deinstall all packages and then reinstall the new versions. Should the
build of the first package fail then it will abort and you'll be left
with fewer packages than you had (all those that was going to be updated
are gone).

After some consideration I decided to go for pkg_chk -g/-r/-a.
Unfortunately, it look like I'm getting stranded at thunderbird:

make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/obj/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/toolkit/components/build'
make[3]: write error
make[2]: *** [libs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/obj/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/toolkit/components'
make[1]: *** [tier_50] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla'
gmake: *** [default] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird
*** Error code 1
Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird
*** Error code 1
Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird
** 'cd /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird && /usr/pkg/bin/bmake update
CLEANDEPENDS=yes' failed
*** ** 'cd /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird && /usr/pkg/bin/bmake update
CLEANDEPENDS=yes' failed

What could this be? I can't do anything right now, since it would leave
my system useless (no firefox, no links, no thunderbird, etc).

Thanks,

Huub