pkg_rolling-replace problem

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 19 12:23:42 PST 2006

Isnt it supposed to halt after a failed package?

Petr

walt wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Petr Janda wrote:

I installed this package after reading the updating how to by Jeremy Reed, but
I get this error on every package it tries to update: ...

I see that the package was updated after you posted this, so update
your pkgsrc and try again.
I just tried it and found that it halts after the first failed package,
so it will be of limited interest for DragonFly fans.  (There are still
quite a few packages which don't yet compile on DF.)
I'm still using wip/pkgmanager, which also needs some important fixes.
At the moment, for example, pkgmanager is broken by our version of
'file' (4.18) and will re-install packages which don't need to be
re-installed.  I've been nagging Peter Schuller to update pkgmanager,
and he promises to do it as soon as he has the time.  (Hrmph!)