graphical boot in DFly

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Dec 5 11:26:22 PST 2006

> yea, when there was a discussion about this very issue, i also told my
> opinion, that by POLA xdm should pull up a local xserver per default.  sad
> enough, seems the pkgsrc guys don't share our opinion.

Looking at latest xdm from modular.xorg, it has two Xservers:
config/Xservers.ws.cpp (workstation) and config/Xservers.fs (file server).

This is based on the --with-config-type=ws or =fs switch. The default is
"ws".

The "ws" Xservers file does have the needed line. So at least in the near
future this problem will be resolved :)

Also, I didn't see any rc.d/xdm script. When we create the new x11/xdm
package we need to make sure to include that (x11/xdm/files/xdm.sh) too.

If someone needs this fixed now (in xorg-clients), maybe submit PRs for
these issues.