gnome start errors after building gnome

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Thu Dec 28 00:36:56 PST 2006

On 2006-12-28 07:51, Huub wrote:
Hi,

I built gnome, but when I change the .xinitrc according to the manual I
get his:

_IceTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.ICE-unix will not be
created.
_IceTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: mkdir(/tmp/.ICE-unix) failed, errno = 2
_IceTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local

** (gnome-session:746): WARNING **: Cannot establish any listening sockets

It starts ok, but after the initial graphical screen it falls back to
console. Anyone an idea?
Well, the 'euid != 0' part means that you are not root while running
this, which (in my opinion) you shouldn't have too. Try creating the
director manually or try running it as root once.

--
Erik Wikström