Process for patch/build/install/modify/rebuild/reinstall

tannj fake at email.addr
Fri Dec 8 13:36:51 PST 2006

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 11:43:40 -0500, Jeremy C. Reed <reed at reedmedia.net>
wrote:

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, tannj wrote:

Thanks.  I think I'll cut my teeth on 6.9.0 first like Joerg suggested.
You may be doing work that has already been done. As I mentioned 6.9 is
dead and Intel provides and maintains newer open source driver via Xorg.
(Not related to pkgsrc.)
 But, I'm curious about how to create the modular version.  Could you
point me in the right direction towards some documentation?
See http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

(Again not related to pkgsrc. If you want to do it with pkgsrc have a
look
at pkgsrc/x11/xf86-video-ati or x11/xf86-video-wsfb and copy and create
your own for pkgsrc/x11/xf86-video-intel -- but remember this is not
supported officially yet. Nevertheless, feel free to email me if you have
questions.)
I wanted to do this originally so I could run X on my dinky machine.  I'll
try fixing 6.9.0 first and study up on modular in parallel.