Sound support for Intel ICH7 rev 02

Ezra Drummond ezra at cwjamaica.com
Sun Dec 3 11:06:59 PST 2006

Thomas Schlesinger wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with my sound chip. It's a Intel ICH7 rev 02. This is, what
lspci -v on Linux says:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition
Audio Controller (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Lenovo Unknown device 2010
        Memory at ee400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

I've hoped, snd_ich would support it, but when I do a kldload snd_ich, I
get this error message:

fwohci0: vendor=104c, dev=803a
fwohci0: <1394 Open Host Controller Interface> irq 11 at device 0.1 on pci21
fwohci0: Could not map memory
device_probe_and_attach: fwohci0 attach returned 6
Is this a configuration issue, or does the snd_ich driver simply not support
my sound chip?

Thomas

I have the Intel High definition Audio on my Dell laptop, which i got
working with Simon sound update patch. I find that some programs can't
play audio such as gxine, mpg321 and ogg123 but xmms, mpg123 and vlc
works ok given that there is no softpcm support available.