KDE problems

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Wed Aug 30 08:52:49 PDT 2006

Hi Simon,
Im starting it from from rc.conf. What file have you got on your mind?
Petr

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 30.08.2006, at 14:05, Petr Janda wrote:
I cant type/use keyboard at all in KDM if its started during boot! If
i start kdm using the rc script AFTER i log in as root it works.
This is an old known problem.  I think there is even some advice about
this in some file.  Are you starting kdm from rc.conf or from
/etc/ttys?  This problem at least already existed in freebsd-4 back in
2001.  I think it is some kind of race between the ttys and the
keyboard drivers.

cheers
  simon