Default selection for boot menu?

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Aug 25 00:03:56 PDT 2006

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:16:55PM +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
: >Addendum: pressing the F1 key does nothing.  Keyboard just beeps at me
: >when I
: >press a key.
: >
: >Jonathon McKitrick
: >--
: >My other computer is your Windows box.
:
: Is there an MBR with a 'broken' boot manager or bootable image on the
: device the BIOS is pointing to?
:
: If there is none at all, there will usually be a BIOS error message.
:
: It sounds as if, instead, the BIOS believes it has made a sucessful
: hand-off.

I used to just use 'dangerously dedicated' mode to blow everything away and
take over the entire HD.  No boot mgr needed.  I thought the DFly install
would do something similar, but I can't tell how to.  Or, if not, how to get
things working the way they should with a boot mgr.
I tried:
fdisk -I
boot0cfg

Not sure what's next.