How to get DGUI working over ssh?

Scott Ullrich geekgod at geekgod.com
Thu Aug 24 18:20:55 PDT 2006

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 06:10:30PM +0200, Sascha Wildner wrote:
: >: http://wiki.bsdinstaller.com/wikka.php?wakka=WebInstallHowTo
: >
: >There is no thttpd.conf.sample in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, and to thttpd binary
: >that I could find.
:
: Yea I also wondered recently. We used to have a few packages
: pre-installed in the old ports days.

So how do I start the cgi installer, or at least get the curses one to work
over ssh?
Login to DragonFly via SSH then run /usr/local/bin/installer.  Atleast
this was the method a few versions ago.

In terms of the web installer, you would need a web server installed on
the ISO that you downloaded.  If the binary is not in place then it will
be impossible to start the webserver.  We used to include thttpd but
these days I would much prefer to include lighttpd as its bsd licensed
and kicks butt.

Scott