Multiple sounds

Thomas Schlesinger schlesinger at netcologne.de
Mon Aug 21 00:38:49 PDT 2006

Am Montag, 21. August 2006 06:40 schrieb Petr Janda:
> You were correct.
> Is there any way to get this done automatically? Without manually
> changing all multimedia programs that make sound?

Petr,

you can enable "multichannel sound" by a script at boottime. I have enabled
the driver loading in /boot/loader.conf (for me, it's snd_ich) with

snd_ich_load="YES"

And I have created a file /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/setsound with this content:

sysctl hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4
sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=4

After booting, I have now automagically four-channel sound support enabled. If
four channels are too less, you can increase them.

Thomas