Not sure how to do this tricky install...

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Sat Aug 19 14:22:19 PDT 2006

At 9:31 AM -0700 8/18/06, Matthew Dillon wrote:
    In fact, it is my thinking that we should adjust the
    default sshd_config to set the PermitRootLogin field
    to 'without-password' by default, since it won't do
    anything unless the SSH keys are also installed in
    root's authorized_keys file.
Sounds like a good idea.  The option should have been called
something else though.  One of my co-workers saw
   PermitRootLogin without-password

in some of the config files I set up, and nearly had a
panic-attack!  Some phrase more like "only-by-keys".  Or
at least include a comment in the sshd_config file which
makes that clear to admins who aren't used to seeing that
option.
--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx