System downtime wednesday for maintainance.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Aug 17 09:13:04 PDT 2006

:Have you noticed any electrolytic capacitors - probably in VR section - with
:slightly bulged tops?  Some of those have taken a *long* time to work thru the
:system and fail - long after the 'big wave' has largely passed from memory.
:
:Or maybe it's a new round of bad electrolyte....
:
:Bill

    I checked all of them.  No bulges.  I don't think that's the problem.
    I think the power supply hit one of the support chip's heat sink and
    dislodged the chip.  No biggy since the MB is gonna be replaced.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>