Pacman?

Andreas Hauser andy at splashground.de
Thu Aug 17 08:44:21 PDT 2006

csaba.henk wrote @ Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:48:04 +0200:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:05:25PM +0200, Andreas Hauser wrote:
> > csaba.henk wrote @ 17 Aug 2006 05:52:41 GMT:

> In one sentence: I can see how can you change DESTDIR with a chroot
> trick, but I don't see how you could adjust the PREFIX this way.

If you have only some packages this might not be a problem. Or you
can symlink or union mount parts of say /usr/share.

You can also chroot yourself, if you use many packages this makes
sense (there are some packages of DragonFly base stuff).

In this case you might even do what i do and just use / and accept
that parts of base get overwritten, which gets less of a problem the
more of base is converted to pacman.

--
Andy