usb device and internet

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Aug 24 09:17:17 PDT 2006

Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
I connected a switch through usb port to my DFly box.
The output is:
#ugen0 - USB NET CARD, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
I would browsing in internet through usb device.
Is it possibile to assigne a IP address through usb
device?
I modified /etc/rc.conf with:

#cat ifconfig_ugen0="DHCP" >> /etc/rc.conf

but ugen0 interface does not appear at reboot. The
"ifconfig -a" output is:
sis0:...
fwe0:...
lp0:...
sl0:...
faith0:...
lo0:...
ppp0:...
How can I browse in Internet with usb device?
ugen is the generic USB device (see ugen manpage), which is assigned to
an USB device if no driver is found.

We have the following USB ethernet drivers: aue, axe, cue, kue and rue.
Please check their manpages to see which might supports your device.
Those are all in the GENERIC config, though. So if youre running GENERIC
or derived your kernel config from it and didn't remove any device
entries, we probably don't support your device.

Can you be more specific on what exact device it is?

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx