System downtime wednesday for maintainance.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Aug 16 22:19:16 PDT 2006

:> As far as I know, nobody else is using it. I am using pkgbox for two
:> things: pkgsrc development and as a very useful resource for comparing and
:> reviewing code for the various source trees. I was planning to also use it
:> for doing documentation builds (handbook to PDF or HTML).
:
:What's pkgbox for?  (i.e should I be documenting it on the website or as a
:developer resource?)

    pkgbox serves two purposes.  First, it has one of the RAID-5 systems
    and archives a large number of open-source OS projects that people can
    reference.  This data is served-out to LEAF via NFS (/archive).

    Secondly, it has a lot of unbacked-up storage for doing large builds,
    like pkgsrc builds or buildworld loops or whatever, for people who need
    to do long-running tests without having to worry about inconveniencing
    users on leaf.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>