Pacman?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 16 16:51:21 PDT 2006

mail.gmail.com> <5c3e8b1b0608160658t3345c550j9efe593dbaadb5d2 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <slrnee771g.1vup.csaba at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Csaba Henk wrote:
{...}

> Have you tried, eg. pkgmanager (that said, it's in wip, not pkgtools?
>
> I just happened to try it tonight, but it doesn't seem to work out (on
> Linux, not Dfly). Anyway, it's not a reason to give it up... it looks
> fine...

I have settled on wip/pkgmanager as my primary pkgsrc management tool,
in spite of its shortcomings.  I've had many pleasant conversations by
email with its author, Peter Schuller, who is anxious to get some user
feedback.

So I urge everyone to give wip/pkgmanager a try (but please read the
docs to avoid major pain!) and then give Peter some constructive
feedback.

Caveat:  I've tried pkgmanager only on NetBSD/DragonFly so I can't
offer an opinion on any other OS.