Postfix suddenly stopped working

Jon Hamilton hamilton at pobox.com
Sat Aug 12 18:18:12 PDT 2006

Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, said on Sat Aug 12, 2006 [04:58:32 PM]:
}
} :I ran with -HEAD built from a couple of weeks ago and did not see a
} :reoccurrance of the postfix queue "sticking".  Last night, I went back
} :
} :DragonFly woodstock.nethamilton.net 1.7.0-PREVIEW DragonFly 1.7.0-PREVIEW #6: Sat Aug 12 12:07:04 CDT 2006     hamilton at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WOODSTOCK  i386
} :
} :with a build/installkernel and installworld.
} :
} :To my surprise, the symptom popped back up this morning.  I checked the source,
} :and found that the patch above hadn't been applied.  I applied the patch and
} :rebuilt and installed the kernel, and the queue got stuck again this
} :afternoon.
}
}     There are two commits and I'm not sure whether you applied both of them.
}     kern/kern_lockf.c 1.32 and 1.33 both need to be applied.
}
}     PREVIEW isn't HEAD.  I will slip the PREVIEW tag for those two commits
}     right now.  If you scrap your manual patch and resync with preview you
}     should get both patches.

Right; I normally follow -PREVIEW and only went to HEAD a couple of weeks
ago because it was necessary to get vnodeinfo built.  I was under the
impression that you had slipped the tag early this week to capture these
two commits (well, I didn't realize there were two, and that's sure to be
why my manual application of one of the two didn't resolve the issue).

[...]

}     I have included the diff between 1.31 and 1.33 of kern_lockf.c below
}     for reference but if you update to the latest preview you should
}     get the patches automatically.

No worries; I'll sync up and build again.  Thanks.

--

   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton at xxxxxxxxx