KDE on DFly & question about firmware

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Wed Aug 30 08:58:29 PDT 2006

Two questions that will determine if I try DFly on my new laptop:

1.  I see a lot of KDE users here.  Does KDE work better that Gnome on DFly?
2.  Is it a lot of work getting the firmware working for Centrino wireless?

Last winter, I got a new laptop and gave up trying to get DFly to run.  It was
mostly the wireless firmware that gave me fits figuring out how to upload.
There were broken links trying to find all the utils I needed... it was a huge
pain.  Plus, ubuntu 'just worked'.  Now that I've moved to a MacBook for my
main workstation, I can experiment a bit more with the other laptop.

Has the wireless firmware installation been streamlined at all?  Ubuntu
includes it because they don't care about licensing.  I'd just like to get it
working.

Also, and I *hate* to ask this....  ;-)
But will current DFly perform better on my laptop than ubuntu?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.