KDE problems

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Tue Aug 29 00:20:33 PDT 2006

Hi,
I just installed kdebase3 and I have problems.
1) Clicking Contol Center in the KDE menu doesnt open control center,
but running kcontrolcenter from the shell does open it. I havent tested
if its actually usable if ran from the command line, because.... keep
reading
2) Menu editor doesnt work at all! Right click on the KDE menu button,
try opening the menu editor, nothing happens. Running kmenuedit from
command line opens the menu editor, but if I modify anything and click
save, it saves it into ~/.config/menus but it doesnt actually appear in
the menu. Close kmenuedit, start it up again, and all the entries I just
added were gone/didnt appear in the menu editor.

It seems that KDE is ignoring ~/.config/menus

Any help much appreciated.

Petr