TV in DragonFly

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Apr 17 09:01:54 PDT 2006

:Ive decided to try my tv card in DragonFly. I modified the kernel, and
:compiled all the necessary options according to the guide.
:
:# TV Card support
:device          bktr
:device          smbus
:device          iicbus
:device          iicbb
:on the next reboot i can see this in dmesg:
:
:bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xdb127000-0xdb127fff at device 12.0 on pci0
:pci_cfgintr: 0:12 INTA routed to irq 11
:bktr0: Leadtek Winfast TV 2000, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.
:
:But i cannot see either iicbb or the others being loaded.
:
:Then I did cd /dev/; sh MAKEDEV bktr0
:
:After this i started fxtv and once i do that the whole gui becomes totally
:unresponsive, but doesnt crash. Same happens when i try mplayer.
:
:What to do?

    I'm not sure there is anything that can be done short of a lot of
    detective work to figure out why those programs are eating so much
    cpu and X server bandwidth.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>